July 27, 2012


Some things to know about Iver as a 10 month old:

- He loves to laugh!  Alex can get him to laugh the hardest and he usually has  good long laugh at least once a day.

- He LOVES music.  This week he started singing along with me, it is so cool.  We also went to a friends house and she had a baby grand piano- Iver found it behind all the other toys and sat there pounding away for 10 minutes at least.  He looked like a mini Beethoven, it was awesome.

- He loves water.  Any time we pass a faucet in the house he practically throws himself from my arms to try and reach for it.  He could swim in the pool all day, especially if there are other kids there to watch.

-He is learning so fast!  Yesterday at breakfast Alex kept saying "dame cinco" (high five), after about 10 minutes Iver caught on.  I didn't ever do it with him for the rest of the day but right before Alex got home from work I said "Iver, dame cinco" and he remembered!  It was the cutest thing.  We went to a work party after wards and he was giving everyone high fives.

- He wants to be just like his mama and papa.  For example, I was eating guacamole on chips and giving some to him on my finger which he adamantly refused.  But once I started feeding it to him on a chip he was very interested in eating it.  Chips have since become the utensil of choice for all other foods as well.  Another example, yesterday I was eating watermelon out of a bowl.  I tried to give Iver some, again no-can-do.  He wanted the bowl right in front of him so he could reach into it and pick out the watermelon himself, just like mama. 

- He loves exploring.  Now that he can crawl he has a very independent agenda.  If I try to redirect his endeavors he will either crawl right back to what he was doing or, as I pick him up, throw his feet out from under himself so I have to set him back down and he can quickly crawl away. Favorite pit stops in the house at the moment are: the screen door (good for pounding and standing up on to look outside), the lamps on our bedside tables, the bike we have in the spare bathroom right now (spokes are good for pulling and using to stand up), and the wall air-conditioning unit (he pulls himself up on it when it is on and the wind in his face scares him so he starts crying but then he just goes right back and does it again)

In short, we are having so much fun with our little buddy!

2 comments:

  1. I love learning about his fun personality. Isn't awesome to watch them develop?! I think it's so fun. You guys are such great parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He seems like such a fun baby. Watching him learn and grow has got to be the most exciting and rewarding experience. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete